Insourcing installation of specialist equipment
Dry liners were being fitted off-site by a contracted party, which increased the loading costs and time from booking to loading. With our support, the client began to train its loading depot staff in the fitting of dry liners and this operation was successfully moved in-house, providing streamlined and efficient container loading whilst adding to the quality of service.
Specifying empty containers from site closer to centre of activity
Analysing the pre-carriage haulage activity showed a trend of empty containers being collected from any location in the UK best suited to the carriers. Warrant Group sourced equipment closer to the centre of activity, giving an immediate saving to the client and improving the accuracy of arrival times at the loading site.
The efficiency measures delivered:
• 30% saving on overall supply chain costs
• Reduction in turnaround time at load site
• Improvement in quality of service
• Better planning of loading resource due to accurate container arrival times
• Increased skill set of client's staff
"IN THIS CASE OUR CLIENT KNEW THEY COULD IMPROVE BUT JUST NEEDED SOME ASSISTANCE TO ACHIEVE THOSE GOALS. THEY WERE CONFIDENT THAT WARRANT GROUP COULD ACTIVELY IMPROVE THE SUPPLY CHAIN AND PLACED THEIR FULL TRUST IN US TO DO SO."
- JOANNE JONES, COMMODITIES DIRECTOR, WARRANT GROUP